Sonam Kapoor Workout Routine & Diet Plan
Sonam Kapoor was born on June 9, 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Daughter of actor Anil Kapoor Sonam is a famous Bollywood actress and model. She began her career as an Assistant Director in 2004 under Sanjay Leela Bhansali and assisted him during the filming of “Black”. In 2007 she made her silver screen debut with “Saawariya” opposite Ranbir Kapoor. The film failed at box office but both Sonam and Ranbir were appreciated for their performances. Sonam first tasted success with romantic film “I Hate Luv Storys” in 2010. She appeared in two super hit films in 2013 and earned several nominations for Best Actress Category in many awards. She is also one of the few Indian celebrities endorsing French cosmetic brand L’Oreal.
The fashionista is often praised by media for her exceptional sense of style. Sonam is blessed with beautiful looks and sexy lean figure. But, did you know she was not always lean and sexy? She used to weigh 90 kgs in her younger years. When Sanjay advised her to try her luck in acting she became conscious and embarked on her mission to lose weight. She shed all the extra kilos with the help of healthy diet and extensive workout sessions. So let’s check out Sonam Kapoor’s workout routine and diet plan.
Sonam Kapoor Height: 5’ 9.5”
Sonam Kapoor Weight: 121 lbs
Sonam Kapoor Diet Plan
She followed an intensive diet to lose weight. She was completely cut off from her favorite chocolates, chips, and other fried foods. It was hard for her but she was determined to lose weight. She now follows the diet of moderation she eats everything in moderate quantities. Sonam Kapoor diet plan includes-
- Her day starts with a glass off warm water instantly followed by a glass of warm water with honey and lemon.
- For breakfast she has a seasonal fruit, an egg white omelet with toast and warm water. When she is bored with this she has poha, upma or idli
- Whole wheat bread with egg white followed by a protein shake makes up her mid morning snack
- Lunch is her heaviest meal comprising of grilled chicken, curd, fruit and seasonal veggies with chapattis made of bajra, bran or jwar.
- She gorges on nuts and fruits for evening snack
- She always keeps her dinner light with just a veg or chicken sandwich with green salad. Sometime she also includes grilled fish cooked in Spartan gravy in her dinner.
- If she still feels hungry she has a glass of soya milk or protein shake before going to bed
- She also takes multivitamins
- She drinks a glass of coconut water every hour or two.
- She avoids red meat and excess salt and sugar in her food.
Sonam Kapoor Workout Routine
To maintain her thin and svelte figure Sonam Kapoor trains for an hour every day. Her gym routine mainly consists of cardio vascular exercises. She used to play a lot of basketball and rugby in school that helped her develop flexibility to adopt different exercise routines with ease. Sonam Kapoor’s workout routine includes-
- She focuses on a particular body part every day like abdomen, waist, shoulders, and arms.
- She starts her workout with jogging
- She does 30 minutes of cardio exercises after jogging
- Her cardio is followed by power yoga for four days and some other dance exercises on other days
- She also follows weight training using light weights
- In summer she swims a lot and goes for swimming whenever she gets time
- She is a fan of squash and plays squash twice a week which also gives her strength
Sonam Kapoor Workout Tips
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
- Eat healthy and workout a little daily
- Avoid fried food and food with excessive salt or sugar
- If you are trying to lose weight stay determined