In the world of fitness enthusiasts and body transformation, Mike Chang stands out as a figure of inspiration and dedication. Known for his transformational workout routines and nutritional strategies, Chang has made a significant impact in the fitness community. This article goes deep into the heart of Mike Chang’s fitness philosophy, putting out the secrets of his workout routine and diet plan that have helped countless individuals achieve their fitness goals. We’ll explore the exercises that form the core of his regimen, the dietary choices that fuel his rigorous workouts, and the principles that drive his approach to health and fitness.
Mike Chang Body Statistics
- Birth Year: 1982
- Birth Date: Years
- Height: 5’9″ /175cm
- Weight: 84 kg/185 lbs
- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 18 inches
Mike Chang Workout Routine
In this segment, we delve into two of Mike Chang’s hallmark workouts: The 350 Rep Workout and the Full Force Dumbbell Workout. Each routine is meticulously designed to target multiple muscle groups, ensuring a comprehensive workout that promotes strength, endurance, and muscle growth. Through a combination of high-repetition bodyweight exercises and dynamic dumbbell movements, these workouts are tailored to push your limits and foster significant physical improvements.
The 350 Rep Challenge
A) Wide Grip Pull-ups
B) Clapping Push-ups
C) Close Grip Push-ups
D) Mountain Climbers
- Repetition Distribution:
A) Pull-ups: 50 reps
B) Clapping Push-ups: 50 reps
C) Close Grip Push-ups: 50 reps
D) Mountain Climbers: 200 reps
Total Sets: 1 per exercise
Rest Interval: Minimize rest as much as possible
Instructions: Aim to perform the maximum number of repetitions for each exercise. Note down your achieved reps for each exercise on paper before proceeding to the next. Ensure you complete the designated total repetitions for all exercises.
Dumbbell Full Force Routine
- Repetitions per Exercise: 10
- Rest Periods: Zero rest is recommended, although brief pauses are allowed for catching breath if needed.
- Weight Selection: Opt for a weight that challenges you to complete each set continuously. You may adjust the weight mid-set if necessary to maintain form and complete the reps.
- Circuit Rounds: Complete 4 rounds for each listed exercise.
- Dumbbell Squat to Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls
- Dumbbell Chest Fly combined with Leg Raise
Guidance: This routine focuses on a seamless transition between exercises with little to no rest, emphasizing endurance and strength. Ensure to maintain proper form throughout and adjust weights as needed to ensure completion of sets without compromising technique.
Mike Chang Diet Plan
Mike Chang champions the philosophy of maintaining a clean diet throughout the year to preserve his iconic six-pack, while also emphasizing the importance of diversity in your meals and planning them ahead of time. “Everyone generally agrees on the need to eat around five times daily. Considering this adds up to 150 meal decisions in a month, failing to plan is planning to fail,” Chang highlights.
To promote adherence to a healthy diet, Chang suggests adding flavored sauces to nutritious dishes, making them more palatable and reducing the temptation to reach for unhealthy snacks. This strategy, he believes, helps his followers avoid dietary pitfalls. Regarding his own diet, Chang prioritizes lean proteins, green vegetables, and complex carbohydrates, ensuring he eats five times a day to sustain his metabolism and optimize fat burning.
Sample Meal Plan for Mike Chang
- Scrambled eggs (using one whole egg and two egg whites) with spinach and tomatoes
- A side of avocado for healthy fats
- Whole grain toast (as a better alternative to white or wholewheat bread, assuming it’s minimally processed)
- Greek yogurt with a handful of berries (for natural sweetness and antioxidants)
- A sprinkle of chia seeds for omega-3 fatty acids and fiber
- Grilled chicken breast salad with a variety of leafy greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots
- Olive oil and vinegar as dressing
- A side of quinoa or brown rice for complex carbohydrates
- Sliced apple with almond butter (providing a satisfying crunch with healthy fats and protein)
- A small portion of raw nuts for an energy boost
- Baked salmon with a side of steamed broccoli and asparagus
- Sweet potato as a complex carb source, seasoned with herbs and a drizzle of olive oil
- Plenty of water throughout the day
- Optional: green tea for an antioxidant boost
Mike Chang’s Dietary No-Nos
Chang specifically advises against certain foods, cautioning that they can undermine fitness goals:
- Wholewheat Bread: Contrary to popular belief, Chang views it as little better than white bread due to its processed carbohydrates, which can contribute to weight gain.
- Fruit Juice: He points out that consuming a cup of orange juice equates to ingesting about six oranges at once, an amount that could lead to overeating and, subsequently, weight gain.
- Granola: For those aiming to shed pounds, Chang recommends oatmeal over granola due to the latter’s higher sugar and calorie content.
- Sports Drinks: While athletes can afford these calorie-dense drinks due to their high calorie expenditure, Chang warns that they’re unnecessary for the average person and can lead to weight gain. He suggests looking for alternative sources of electrolytes.
- Organic Junk Food: Chang underscores that organic labels on pizzas and muffins don’t negate their unhealthy aspects. Such items should be reserved for occasional cheat days rather than being staples of a regular diet.
Through this approach, Mike Chang not only shapes his diet around principles of clean eating and balanced nutrition but also guides his followers toward making healthier dietary choices to support their fitness journeys.