Lionel Messi is a professional footballer and belongs to Argentina. He plays for the national team of Argentina as the captain and the soccer club Barcelona. He holds various titles and records to his name and has achieved huge name in the sport. He has been associated with the sport from the age of 5 and has never looked back. At a very young age he has become a popular name around the globe. He is a health acquainted person and follows a different kind of workout routine and diet plan.
Lionel Messi Diet Layout
Messi follows a stringent diet plan so as to keep up his energy on the ground. The time spent on the pitch must have an upkeep of a great diet plan to fetch the anticipated results. One can definitely follow up his diet plan easily and build up a great physique.
- 10 days prior to a football match:
Messi is certain in cutting down the intake of carbohydrates from his body and hence building it gradually as the time of match comes near. This way his body maximizes the availability of blood sugar, in sufficient amount inside the body, and thus giving the body a good shape. The diet includes protein shakes 3 times a day, 7-8 glasses of water in order to avoid desiccation.
- 5 days prior to a football match:
The diet now is accompanied with vegetable soup before each meal. The soup must contain a high amount of turmeric, chilli powder and coriander and ginger so as to help the body in making blood thin. The thinner the blood becomes, the flow of blood in veins becomes easy and oxygen supply quickens.
- A day prior to the match:
With the forthcoming match Lionel takes fish/prawn/chicken in addition with boiled potatoes, green vegetables and fruits in his diet to as to strengthen his muscles and repair the body tissues after the workout.
It is better to invest this time in sleeping rather than being awake and eat. Even if he wakes, he never takes any wheat-related product as carbohydrates can slow down the body and urges him to sleep more. As a substitute, he opts for having porridge or combine egg white for ideal balance of proteins and carbohydrates.
- 90 minutes before the match:
Messi prefers to have seasonal fruits 70-90 minutes before the match. Mango, Apple, Banana etc are all good as they have the best amount of fibre and have less sugar content. The time spent on honing the skills and stamina will be of not much use if it is not accompanied with a healthy diet. Nutrition is an important aspect for an athlete.
Lionel Messi Diet Foods
Messi prefers to have a balance of various elements in his diet so that the body gets nutrition and strength. He includes many things in it.
- Pasta along with tad of tuna for the midnight meal.
- His soup intake is good and the soups include chilli’s, turmeric and ginger, all of them help in diluting the blood.
- The diet also includes lots of green vegetables in addition to brown rice and beans.
- The inclusion of carbs in diet is most essential in the diet. It repairs the muscles and the body endeavours to make the most of the limited blood-sugar available in it.
- Fresh cut fruits are very important especially the bananas.
Key features of Lionel Messi’s diet
- Messi has a very strict diet plan and he makes sure that he sticks to it.
- Green vegetables and Fruits are the most vital resource of nutrients for the body.
- Apart from the diet of the usual days, there must be a separate plan build for the time before, during and after the game.
More from WorkoutInfoGuru