Winter is approaching and we already are getting those lazy vibes. Winter months and woolen clothes make us want to stay inside our quilts and blankets the whole day. We rarely put any efforts to find out some time and go out to work out on cold days.
It’s totally okay as we all tend to live a little bit more in our comfort zones on some days. The cold weather leaves no choice but to pack ourselves with layers of clothes. We eat sleep and repeat. Even the ones who like to work out prefer staying cozy and warm inside the bed during those months.
- But, did you know winters are actually a better time to lose fat?
- Though we happen to sweat more in the summers comparatively winters are the bedtime to shred body fat.
- There is a scientific reason for the same. It is believed that in winter months, the body is more supposed to burn the calories and the so-called brown fat that stays beneath the white fat.
- In short, the cold is the best time for you to lose fat and get back in shape.
- By now, you know how useful winters can be if you utilize the cold for some fitness!
- Meanwhile, let’s not ignore the fact that the weather is cold and you have more chances of getting sick.
Don’t worry we are here to gear yourself for fitness in chilly cold days, let’s go through these 6 workout and fitness tips for winter:
1. Warm Up More
We already know that the cold can be harmful to the body if not taken care of. Hence, it becomes quite essential to warm up the muscles before beginning with any physical exercise. Just like the engine takes time in ignition during winters, so does the body. Warm up as much as you can before getting started with your daily exercise routine. Also, it improves the blood circulation throughout the body and lessens the chances of any physical injury during the workout.
2. Don’t Challenge The Cold!
Yes, you want to go out and burn some calories but take care of the cold. Winter months are more likely to give you common cold, fever, and flu. Thus, it’s no fun to cry later and curse yourself for not wearing proper clothes while working out. You should be well covered in several layers according to the present temperature outside so as to achieve proper insulation against cold. If you tend to feel sweaty after a few exercise sets, you can gradually remove the layers. This is so as the cold breeze doesn’t get inside and directly come in contact with your body.
3. Remove Whatsoever Is Sweaty And Wet
After the workout, you must quickly change your sweaty clothes as they can be a direct source of infection in the winters. Therefore, you must make it a habit to remove sweaty wet clothes immediately after you finish with your fitness regime. The first hour after working out is the most susceptible hour to catch infections and flu.
4. Stretch Before You Begin!
Stretching is the key to start any workout session. In winters, the body feels lazy and is less flexible as compared to summers. Stretching not just helps to relax your muscles but also to improve the blood flow inside the body. Better blood circulation keeps the body warm and gives energy to workout.
5. Train Before Dusk
Another workout tip for winters is to train during the day and don’t leave anything left for the late hours. The hours after sunset are the coldest and hence, we should stay inside as much as we can during that time. The days are on the other hand a little warmer and more suitable for fitness and exercises.
6. Don’t Forget To Wear a Sunscreen
Like we said that it’s better if you try to work out during the day in winters. Another aspect to it is the sun during winters can also be harsh on your skin. Hence, you must not forget to wear a proper SPF sunscreen lotion before you go out for a workout during winter days.
More from WorkoutInfoGuru