Lower back exercises help us to build and strengthen one of the most important muscles in our body that is lower back muscles. These muscles not only keep us fit and healthy, but also help us in body control and movement. Let us now see some of the best lower back exercises that help us strengthen our lower back muscles.
1. Opposite Arm Leg Exercise
Opposite arm leg exercise gives your lower back muscles the perfect dose of exercise that can give you smooth and blasting results on your lower back muscles.
- To begin with this exercise, we start by lying on our stomach with both arms above head and our knee and elbow straight.
- Now we slowly begin to lift our arms and leg (in opposite pair) putting stress on our lower back muscles.
- Hold for at least 3 seconds, return to starting position.
- Now we repeat this exercise by changing the pair of arm and leg. Repeat this exercise for at least 8-12 times.
2. Prone Hold Exercise
Prone hold is one of great lower back exercises to improve the strength and endurance of our body, as well as for gaining muscles required to perform exercise correctly.
- To start, lie face down on stomach.
- Then first we will start with bent knees
- Raise your body till knees, up the floor, rest your body weight on your elbows and knees.
- Keep your body straight and hip up, pull your belly button in and hold for at least 30 seconds, and try to extend till 60 seconds. Repeat this exercise 2-3 times.
- Then, now move to full prone hold. Extend on legs till your toes and keep the back straight.
- Pull in your belly button, hold for at least 30 seconds. Maintain good posture through the exercise.
3. Superman’s Exercise
Superman’s exercise develops the lower back’s flexibility.
- To start, lie on the floor on your stomach, with both your arms and legs stretched at the fullest.
- Keep your knees and elbows straight. Slowly lift both legs and arms putting stress on your lower back and bottom muscles.
- Hold for at least 2-3 seconds. Slowly return to start position. Repeat this exercise 6-10 times.
4. Side Holds
Side Holds helps us to develop the lower back muscles and side abdominal muscles.
- Start the exercise propped upon on elbow and one foot, with all weight on the two straight.
- If you feel pain, leave it there(this is not our concern. We want you to be safe) and try again. Something must have gone wrong.
- Once you are set, hold this position for as long as possible. Repeat this exercise for at least three times.
5. Straight Leg Raises
This is one of the simplest and easiest lower back exercises.
- To start with this exercise, lie on a smooth floor on back, with one knee bent.
- Stabilize your body by tightening your abdominal muscles.
- Slowly lift left leg in rotational motion to 12 inches from the floor and hold for 3-6 seconds.
- Lower by slowly. Repeat 10 times for both the legs separately.
6. Wall Squats:
- Stand with your body leaning against the wall.
- Put your feet 12 inches away for the wall and lean against the wall.
- Keep the Abdominal muscles tight while slowly bending both your knees.
- Hold for 5 seconds. Slowly return to upright position.
- Do this exercise at least 10 times.
Keep this in mind that if you are suffering from any kind of back pain or back injuries, please consult your doctor before performing these or any other exercise, because lower back exercises do indulge some of most important muscles that are responsible for body control and movement.
These were the best Lower Back Exercises in our view, we made this article after doing various researches on Back exercises and their results. We hope it will help you. Kindly Share this article on Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter etc to gratify us. Thank you
More from WorkoutInfoGuru