Lionel Messi Workout Routine
Lionel Messi Workout Routine, Physical Stats and Workout Tips
Lionel Messi, born on 24th June, 1987, is a soccer player who plays for Argentina. It serves as captain of the national football team in the country. He started playing at a very early age and due to hid hormone deficiency problem, he shifted to Spain when he was 11 years old.
He won the FIFA World player of the year in 2009 and 2010. In the year 2012, Messi broke the unbeatable calendar-year record of 85 goals which was earlier held by German striker Gerd Muller. Messi also won the Ballon d’Or four times consecutive in a row: 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Called as Pro-footballer, Messi is known for his great skills and speed throughout the world. He follows a very different workout regime and is a very health conscious person. Lionel Messi’s Workout Routine consists of 2 types of workout sessions i.e. Linear and Multi-directional. He prefers to workout only 5 days a week and makes sure that the body gets good rest as well.
Lionel Messi Physical Stats
Lionel Messi Height: 5′7″ (1.69 metres)
Lionel Messi Weight: 67 kgs (148 pounds)
Lionel Messi Workout Routine
Messi’s different style of workout is discussed below:
- Workout I (Linear Speed)
- 2 sets of Pillar Bridge-front of 30 seconds reps
- 1 set of Knee hug lunge of 4 reps each side
- 1 set of Inverted hamstring stretch of 4 reps each side
- 1 set of Pillar skip – linear of 15 yards reps
- 2 sets of Rapid response 2-foot – linear of 5 seconds reps
- 2-3 sets of Hurdle hop of 5 hurdles each reps
- 2-3 sets of Split squat jump of 4 each side
- 2 sets of Acceleration wall drill of 5 each side
- 2 sets of Acceleration wall drill – single exchange of 5 each side
- 2 sets of Acceleration wall drill – triple exchange of 5 each side
- 3-5 sets of Acceleration – split stance of 10 yards
- 3-5 sets of Acceleration to base of 10 yards
- Workout II ( MULTIDIRECTIONAL SPEED)
- 2 sets of Pillar bridge – lateral of 30 seconds
- 1 set of Lateral lunge of 4 each side
- 1 set of Rotational lunge stretch of 4 each side
- 1 set of Pillar skip – lateral of 10 yards each side
- 2-3 sets of Hurdle hop – lateral of 5 hurdles each
- 2 sets of Lateral bound of 4 each side
- 2-3 sets of Lateral shuffle cut of 4 each side
- 2 sets of 3-hurdle drill – stabilization
- 2 sets of 3-hurdle drill – continuous
- 2 sets of 3-hurdle drill to drop step of 3 each side
- 3-4 sets of Mirror drill of 5-10 seconds
Lionel Messi’s diet chart is also very particular and he makes sure that he sticks to it.
A healthy diet can only pamper good fitness. A balance has to be made between the cardio workout, intensive training and healthy diet.
This was the Lionel Messi Workout Routine, we got from our various resources and researches kindly take advice from your gym trainer before following this workout routine. We hope it will help you. Kindly Share this article on Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter etc to gratify us. Thank you