Jillian Michaels is a professional American fitness trainer and very famous for her appearance in Biggest Loser (an American body transformation competition reality show.) Her workouts are as world-famous as she is with many celebrities and non-celebrities following her footpath. So, in this article, we have covered all that we could gather about her diet plan, her workouts, and some tips that she could give out to people who are looking to transform their lives!
Jillian Michaels’ Body Statistics
- Birth Year: February 18
- Birth Date: 1974
- Height: 5’3 / 160 cm
- Weight: 52 kg/ 115 lbs.
- Breasts: 36 inches
- Waist: 24 inches
- Hips: 34 inches
- Body Measurement: 36-24-34
Jillian Michaels’ Workout Routine
Having a balanced body starts with having balanced workouts where Jillian trains all the major muscle groups once a week. She squeezes her workouts 3 to 4 times per week. All her workouts are 30 – 45 minutes and she also does yoga once a week to maintain that agility and flexibility. Being an entrepreneur and a mom is not always easy. But she has some strategies which she applies to her routine. Her workout routine is also targeted at people who have less time but still like to keep fit.
And this comes with giving all her energy and effort into her 30-45 minutes workouts. She says, “When I go, I go hard.” And that’s the trick! She has a bit of everything in her workouts and she calls them “movement possibilities.” Her favorite activities include bodyweight training, free running, MMA training, calisthenics, and yoga. “That’s the stuff I like to do,” she said in an interview. Here are some activities that she does throughout the week.
Monday: 10-minute lower body workout
For this 10-minute lower body workout, you just need a mat, and dumbbells of your choice. The workout intervals are not too long so remain focused on when to switch. Make sure to also warm up before with some stretches as these are dynamic movements. You can increase or decrease the intensity of the workout as per your standards.
- Jump rope
- Lunge stretches
- Butt kicks
- Sumo squats
- Static sumo with calf raises
- Pendulum lunge (right leg)
- Pendulum lunge (left leg)
- Jump jack squat touching the ground
- Alternating side lunges
- Gliding slide lunge with an elbow to knee
- Alternating crossover lunges
- Good mornings
- Romanian deadlifts
- Chair squats
- Squat jacks
She performs each movement for 30 seconds before making a switch. One can reduce or increase their intensity as per their fitness level.
- Standing toe taps
- Arm circles
- Standing leg raises (right side)
- High knees
- Standing leg raises (left side)
- Hand-to-heel taps
- Walkout planks
- Everest climbers
- Superman hold
- Hollow man hold
- Bicycle crunches
- Hip raise side plan (left side)
- Crow to Chaturanga
- Running plank moguls
- Hip raise side plank (right side)
For the following workouts, you only need a set of dumbbells (light to moderate) and a yoga mat.
- Behind the back jumping jacks
- Diagonal toe taps
- Jab cross and half squats
- Deep goddess squats
- Sun salutes
- Alternating donkey kicks and bear
- Bear kicks (left side)
- Hero push-ups
- Bear kicks (right side)
- Renegade rows
- Burpee rows with wide grip
- Alternating crossover lunges with curls
- Crescent pose (left leg) with tricep kickbacks
- Warrior 3 (left side) with reverse flys
- Crescent pose (right leg) with tricep kickbacks
- Warrior 3 (right side) with reverse flys
Jillian Michaels’ 30-Day Shred
Jillian Michaels has devised a 30-day fat burn program called 30-Day Shred. It includes 20 minutes of high-intensity workouts that are to be done daily for 30 days in a row. So how does it work? You need very minimal things: a yoga mat and a few dumbbells that you can lift easily. These 20-minute workouts are designed into three levels. The program starts with level 1 which continues for the first ten days, the next ten days are level two, and the final ten days are level 3.
- Level 1: Level 1 is for beginners who have just started. This one is to get the people into the ‘Shred zone’. It introduces the people to the workout and what to expect
- Level 2: This level is a bit more advanced and for people who have been doing light to moderate workouts consistently.
- Level 3: This level is designed for people who are super active and workouts every single day. People who can adapt well to the shred can follow a more advanced reach.
No matter what the level is, it is followed by a 3-2-1 interval system which means, 3 minutes of strength exercises, two minutes of cardio and a minute of ab workout. Each round starts with a warmup and ends with a cool-down process. To section out and categorize each exercise into groups:
- Strength: pushups, double-arm row, chest flyes, military press
- Cardio: high knees, jumping jacks, squat thrusts, skate jumps
- Abs: crunches, leg lifts, double crunches, plank twists
The 30-day Shred plan claims to help people lose 20 pounds or approximately 9 kgs in 30 days. The two important factors for this weight change are the consistency and strength of physical activity and calorie intake. The initial weight loss would be more rapid as it would be due to a reduction of water weight and reduced carbs intake. The program also suggests keeping active throughout the day.
Jillian Michaels’ Diet Plan
Jillian Michaels has a very balanced workout routine, but even more balanced is her diet plan! Here is a breakout of what she tends to eat throughout the day.
Jillian likes to stock up on carbs for the first half of the day. It helps her to get the much-needed energy to sustain the whole day.
- Her favorite breakfast is having Ezekiel muffins made with whole wheat and important seeds. She has it with almond butter making it a wholesome meal with carbs, fats, and protein.
- She also likes to have some fruits in her breakfast which contain vital nutrients and minerals. They are great for fiber too.
- She also likes to add organic probiotic yogurt into her diet which is great for her gut. Organic yogurt helps to absorb all the great nutrients into the body. It is all full of protein and tastes good.
- Right in the morning, she likes to stay away from processed foods and meals that are rich in salt. She avoids sausages, bacon, etc.
- Jillian loves having lean meat in her lunch. She is huge on fish as it is not only a great source of protein but also fat and contributes to a healthy muscle mass. She likes to try a variety of fish and seafood.
- She loves to eat vegetables in lunch which are loaded with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, etc. It also helps to provide some essential fiber to the body so that the gut remains healthy.
- She likes to have salads too for lunch. She always takes her green leafy vegetables with some kind of protein like chicken or fish. It helps to promote healthy weight loss as it is quite filling too. It is full of water which helps you keep full for a long.
- She avoids fast food and other similar items as they contain high amounts of salt and fat. She also avoids too much cheese in her diet.
- Michaels’s dinner is very similar to her lunch and comprises fish or chicken with some greens.
- She also sometimes eats grilled chicken which is one of her favorite options.
- She likes to have spinach and asparagus in her diet. She feels these two vegetables are great for providing nutrients and water to her body. She likes her asparagus to be cooked with garlic and then tossed in lemon juice for extra flavor.
- She also stays clear of carbs for dinner and likes to replace her food with as organic stuff as possible. She says no to takeaways during dinner.
Michaels makes sure to have something healthy and nutritious for her snack time too. She would stick to having a carrot stick and switch humus or corn chips and salsa for munching. She also likes to eat fruit sometimes or would go for organic protein bars. Another preference would be having some nuts or nut butter. Raw almond and Brazil nuts are top of her list.
But Michaels also loves to have something sweet! She can’t go without a good dessert! But of course, her desserts are very healthy too She likes to have dark chocolate after her lunch or dinner. They are sweet and bitter but have important nutrients. They are not just empty calories.
Jillian Michaels’ Diet Tips
Jillian Michaels does a pretty great job following her diet and workout routine. But there is more to it. She follows some rules passionately and stays consistent with them. Here are a few of those tips:
- Count calories
Looking at her diet, one can say that Julian is very mindful of her nutrition. She counts her calories and tries to stay within the 1200-1400 limit. She also counts her macros and makes sure that all her meals are super balanced. As a trainer, she advises people to eat according to their goals, for example, if someone wants to tone up, they can eat 1,800-2,000 calories too. To pack muscles, one can eat 2,200-2,400 calories.
- Consume unlimited greens
She loves to eat greens and even advised her followers to do the same. They are not just low in calories but also super healthy.
- Cut out the booze
Alcohol can cut down your metabolic energy and slow down your results. It leads to sluggishness the next day as well.
- Eat every 3-4 hours
Do not skip meals. Rather snack in between them with healthy foods like carrots and hummus or protein bars. It is always important to keep your energy up.
Hydration is always important and can have magical results on people. It is not only good for the skin but can result in amazing benefits for the metabolic rate too.
- Balance your macronutrient intake
It is always important to have a balance between your meals. Do not leave out anything. Just pick as healthy options as possible.
More from WorkoutInfoGuru